Brazilian butt lift is one of the most popular cosmetic processes involving the transferring of fat in order to create more suppleness and roundness in the buttock.
Exercise alone cannot render the fullness in one’s buttock. If you want to lift your butt in cosmetic manner, here we are with a complete guideline on a Brazilian butt lift.
The procedure involves fat grafting that looks noticeable for its natural appearance. Some of the steps are as follow:
First, anesthesia is conducted. Here a small volume is transferred. Local anesthesia or a numbing medication is ideal for it. You can ask your cosmetologist for an anti nausea medicines if you feel sick with anesthesia.
Then the surgeon uses liposuction for removing fat from other parts of your body like thighs, stomach, and hips. It involves an incision in the skin before using a tube for removing fat from the body.
Then the removed fat is purified and prepared for injecting into the buttocks.
The surgeon completes the process by injecting the purified fat into specific areas on your butt to create a fuller and rounded look. He or she can make around three to five incisions around the butt for transferring fat.
Finally the fat transferred incision and liposuction are closed with stitches. The surgeon can apply a compression garment in the affect skin area to reduce the risk of bleeding.
- Unlike other types of butt surgery like placing a silicon buttock implantation, Brazilian butt lift provides a natural look while creating a roundness on the back.
- It can also address several issues like shapelessness and sagging occurred with age.
- Some even consider undertaking the process if they are bothered by any figure imbalance that causes difficulty in wearing clothes comfortably.
- As compared to a silicon buttock implantation, a Brazilian butt lift has lower risk of infection. It has a better safety profile than harmful substances like sealants, silicone caulking etc. These are often considered as illegal to inject into skin by unlicensed people.
The Side Effects
So, you may think a Brazilian butt lift is all about good stuff. We beg to differ. Any and every cosmetic surgery involves some kind of risks and this process, too, is no different. Harper’s Bazaar published an article found here on some of these risks. Some of the side effects of the process are as follow:
- Lumps under the skin where the fat is injected
- Loss of skin caused by deep infection
- Fat embolism in lungs or heart that has severe damaging potential
- Recent studies reveal that the process results in 1 in 3000 fatality rate. If the process is executed incorrectly, fat can enter into the large veins and arteries and travel to the lungs. This can cause respiratory issues and even death.
- Sometimes, people need to undergo one or two additional procedure to recover from the butt lift.
Like any other cosmetic surgery, you have to take special care after undergoing Brazilian butt lift.
- You may not be able to sit comfortably on your butt for at least two weeks after the surgery. So you have to sleep on one side or on the stomach until the area is healed.
- You must not perform any sexual activity for two to three weeks and forget about anal sex for more than a month.
- Your butt will look swollen for a few weeks during the recovery process.
- Depending on your skin, the effect may last for a few months to years. If you have sensitive skin, you may have to apply ointment or consume pills as recommended by your surgeon.
- Diet is a crucial element in the recovery process. If you want to get a positive outcome, make sure that you don’t lose weight excessively. Consume adequate protein and healthy fat as recommended by your cosmetologist or nutritionist.
The cost of a Brazilian butt lift varies from one place to another and one studio to another. Opt for a reputed studio instead of a cheap one to avoid any after-care hassles.